17 September 2010

Smiley happy people

Ooooh yeah, that's me today! Non-scale victories are such lovely surprises sometimes.

A slim, fit and stunningly beautiful old work-colleague, who I haven't seen for well over two years, came in for a visit today. She sort of waved 'hi' in passing, then stopped dead and came back to my desk. She'd realised that, yes, it actually was 'me' she was speaking to as she'd not really recognised me.

When I stood up to give her a hug, she literally jumped up and down when she saw the difference. Funny, but although losing weight has made me happy (and how!), I can't quite get my head around it making other people happy too. It's great, but somehow a little bit puzzling.

She said some really lovely things and I have to admit I was getting quite blushy and flustered. Then I realised something that really shook me. She and I are not altogether dissimilar in size now. Holy moly!

The fat lass is flabbergasted!

5 comments:

Roxie said...

Good morning Deniz,

Thanks for the comment on my blog and I look forward to getting to know you better! Have a fabulous weekend.

Congrats on the NSV! They really are victories and pick me ups.

South Beach Steve said...

It doesn't hardly get better than this, does it?

Vickie said...

I loved that little story. I had to hunt through your archives to remember your progress.

And I found this one:

http://shrinkingmyass.blogspot.com/2010/06/well-im-really-rather-surprised-today.html

I think you should add your height and age to this post and put a link on your side bar.

Always helps people to have a 'reference' to know where someone has been in reading new blogs.

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

What a great story!! Fabulous!

Deniz said...

Hi Roxie - thanks for coming to say hello.

Steve & Diane - I know you both know just how great a feeling this is. After all, you have long since been inspiring me with your own victories.

Vickie - that was a great idea so I've done it. Hopefully you'll see it at the side very soon.

 
based on a design by suckmylolly.com