17 January 2013

Down in the dumps

I'm struggling at the moment, in all sorts of ways.

It's probably down to a combination of :
- quite serious family worries which have led to numerous disturbed nights' sleep and tiredness
- feeling stressed and cranky in the extreme, so not enjoying (or having any enthusiasm for) work at the moment
- feeling ineffective and not 'in control'
- the dismal weather and growing concerns that it'll totally put the kibosh on our weekend travel plans to see said family
- the time of year (January blues)
and... maybe that I'm fighting a bit of a bug which doesn't come to anything but won't quite quit and go away either.

I'm not doing too well on the exercise front (although I'm still walking and have done 'some' rowing, albeit half-heartedly). Desire for food vacillates between not really too interested and keep that horse away from me or I'll chew it's leg off!

However, this made me smile...

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes" - William Gibson

William, my friend, you may just have something there!

0 comments:

 
based on a design by suckmylolly.com